Make the Most of Your Mocha Chocolate Chip Quest Bar with These Mocha Cupcakes
These cupcakes are so moist and fluffy you can almost drink them. This has been illustrated by us with plastic straws in our photography, but I don’t recommend using them for your own recipe. A) This is a delicious cupcake recipe, meant to be eaten (scarfed down) via hand-to-mouth contact and B) Straws aren’t edible and, therefore, should never be used as a garnish. Unless you’re producing fancy photography. Oh, and then there was that report about plastic straws killing untold amounts of animal life. ANYWAY! We hope you enjoy these cupcakes.
Yields: 5 servings | Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Calories: 120 | Protein: 13g | Fat: 4g | Net Carb: 6g
Total Carb: 18g | Fiber: 3g
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 6-8 mins | Total Time: 30mins (including cooling/decorating time)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a cupcake pan with 5 liners and set aside.
- Place the unwrapped bar onto a microwave safe dish and microwave for 15 seconds. Remove and let cool for one minute.
- Break the bar into small pieces and place them into a food processor or nutribullet as well as the egg, milk, vanilla, cold brew and applesauce. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients (oat flour, protein, sweetener, baking powder and salt) and blend until combined.
- Divide the batter between the 5 cupcake liners and bake for 17-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Place all frosting ingredients into a bowl and using a hand held electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
- Transfer to a piping bag and decorate cupcakes. Top each cupcake with a coffee bean.